Chandler Elks Lodge 2429 Charities Information

Chandler Elks Lodge Charities, INC. (CELC) meets all criteria to be considered an Arizona Qualifying Charitable Organization.

CELC’s specific purposes are to support the charitable, educational, civic, and philanthropic works of the Chandler Elks Lodge #2429. Your donation to CELC, a 501(c)(3) organization, helps support those most in need in the community while generating a return on your worthy investment through the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit—a win-win! You can receive a tax credit on your state return up to $421 if filing an individual tax return or $841 if filing jointly. Make your donation to CELC and then, when completing your taxes, fill out Arizona Form 321 to claim your tax credit. You’ll need to enter the QCO code for your chosen charitable organization. Chandler Elks Lodge Charities, Inc. QCO code is 22564. Please feel free to contact PER Brian Gorski at bjgorski@gmail for more information.

Q: What is the Charitable Organization Tax Credit?
A: Under a State of Arizona tax credit program, donors to Qualified Charitable
Organizations (QCO) can claim a personal tax credit for the amount of their
contribution (up to $400 for individuals and $800 for couples filing jointly). This is
not just a tax deduction – it is a tax credit that reduces the amount you owe…dollar
for dollar!
Chandler Elks Lodge Charities, Inc. (CELC) is a 501(c)(3) corporation and is an
Arizona Qualified Charitable Organization.
Q: What is the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?
A: A tax credit is more beneficial to you on your taxes than a deduction. A tax credit
reduces the amount you owe, dollar for dollar. A tax deduction reduces the amount
of income on which you are taxed ( A tax deduction affects how much
taxes you owe to the state, but it is not a dollar-for-dollar reduction.
The Charitable Organization Tax credit allows you to donate to Chandler Elks
Lodge Charities, Inc. at no cost to you.
Q: How do I qualify for a Charitable Tax Credit on my taxes?
A: Taxpayers filing as “single” and “head of household” status may claim a
maximum credit of $400. Taxpayers that file as “married filing joint” may claim a
maximum credit of $800. Taxpayers filing as “married filing separate” may claim a
maximum credit of $400.
Q: Do I need to itemize my taxes to claim my credit?
A: Starting in 2013, you DO NOT need to itemize your taxes to qualify for tax credits.
Just report the amount you donated to CELC on Form 321. CELC will send you (the
donor) a letter confirming your donation. This letter serves as documentation of
your contribution.
Q: How do I know Chandler Elks Lodge Charities, Inc. qualifies?
A: Chandler Elks Lodge Charities, Inc. has applied and met all requirements of the
law to be considered as a Qualifying Charitable Organization. Approved charities’
names are listed on the Department of Revenue’s website (Arizona Dept of Revenue
Tax Credits – QCOs). Our Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO) Code is 22564.
Q: Can I apply the Charitable Tax Credit on my taxes if I take the School Tax
A: Yes! The School tax credit donation is a separate credit so you may receive the
full tax credit for both a School & QCO contribution.
Q: Does CELC qualify for the Foster Care Organization Tax Credit?
A: Donations to CELC do not qualify for the Foster Care Charitable tax credit. We do
not qualify for that tax credit because we do not reach the minimum requirement
that 50% of our budget is allocated for foster care services.
Q: Does the tax credit also apply to my federal income tax returns?
A: No. The Charitable Tax Credit applies only on your Arizona State income tax.
However, you may be able to claim a federal tax deduction for the amount
Q: When can I make the donation?
A: You can donate to CELC at any time to qualify for the Tax Credit. Contributions
made on, or before, April 18th can be applied to the current or preceding taxable
Q: Where can I get more information about the tax credit?
A: Please consult your tax advisor or find more information by visiting the Arizona
Department of Revenue website (here) or by calling Taxpayer Assistance at 800.352.4090.